I'm not sure how many others have had this experience, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. A couple of nights ago we heard a knock on our door at about 9:00 at night. I opened the door and there was a woman standing there. She said she was with Kirby and they were just going around the neighborhood cleaning people's carpets and proceeded to ask if I would like my carpets cleaned. This is quite coincidental because I had just told Nate the night before that I wanted to clean mine. I asked her what the catch was and she said that I only needed to tell my friends and family about it if I liked the finished product. We were just putting our boys to bed and I wasn't sure this was the best time, but she assured me it wouldn't take long and they were just doing one room. So I agreed. Nate wasn't exactly happy with me letting strangers into our house this late, but I really really wanted my dining room carpets cleaned. I knew I was in trouble about fifteen minutes into it when she was giving me a demonstration of every attachment and how they (all 100 of them) worked. Halfway through I was ready to tell her to leave, but I had wasted so much time that I didn't want her to go without doing the one thing that she was supposed to do. At 11:30 PM after I had been hounded for two and a half hours to buy a $2,300
vacuum, she finally left and I had one room with nice clean carpets. Nate had already went to bed and when I went up he asked me two questions. Did I buy anything and did I learn my lesson? Yes! Nothing is for free.
4 comments:
Thanks for the tip! I probably would have let her in too since my carpets need cleaning as well. I will learn from your story. Cute blog! I'm glad you found us!
I have a carpet shampooer that you can borrow!!!
Holy, I would have totally been mean and told her to pack up and leave...well, that's what I would have wanted to do anyway. Reminds me of a story of this lady who came to our door..jake starts talking to her and then I come down the stairs and he says, talk to my wife, I'm like huh and it's a sales lady for cleaning solution. She's all high fiving me and acting like we're "sistas" so long story short I bought some just so she would leave. LOL
Happened to me too. Except it was a friend who wanted to get some stupid candles but had to have two friends get the vacuum demonstration. Austin would have nothing to do with it and hid in the baby's room with his Playstation for 2 1/2 hours. It was excrutiating and she even broke a tile in my kitchen. At the end, when she finally gave me the price, I said "Really?, for a vacuum?".
Anyway, I hope my friend enjoyed her candles!!!!
Post a Comment