Monday, March 16, 2009

Close Call

There are times in my life that make me stop and thank my Heavenly Father for all of the blessings I have been given. I love my family so much and do not know what I would do if something ever happened to one of them. Yesterday, I was upstairs folding clothes in my bedroom. Since it was a nice day I had opened the window in the boys room to allow some air to flow through. The boys had been playing back and forth between their room and mine. I was almost finished and decided to start putting some of their clothes away. As I walked back into the boy's room I saw Landon standing in the window sill with his back pressed up against the screen. It felt like slow motion as I screamed and ran toward him. Just as I was about to reach him, the screen popped out and he started to fall backwards out of the two story window. I grabbed his arm and flung him back into my arms. I hope I scared the day lights out of him when I yelled "Do not ever do that again". We had just baught new bunkbeds and moved Landon in with McCoy to share a room. Apparently, he had climbed down from the top bunk to stand on the window sill. Nate popped the screen back in, closed the window and took Landon from my arms. I went back to my room, dropped to the floor and just cried. I couldn't believe what a close call that was. I am very thankful that I decided to walk into their room at that moment. I know we have angels looking out for us from the other side and I would like to think my mom is one of them.

9 comments:

Kamey Jean Hope said...

I'm sorry that something like that had happened and you. You are so lucky! I don't know if my heart could of handled it if that was my own. I already know how it felt when it was your little boy. I told Fletcher about it and he just said how lucky you were to. We just need to make sure to tell are kids how much we love them. Hope they will listen to every thing that they need to know to keep them safe and just pray that they are.

Melissa P said...

That is so scary. It is nice to know Heavenly Father is watching over us. Thank goodness he was okay and didn't fall.

Andrea said...

Oh my!!! That is so scary! I am so glad you were there to catch him. I have heard of that happening way too often.

Erin said...

That is sickeningly scary. I am so glad that you went in his room when you did and that you were able to grab him. That would have been horrible.

Staci said...

I know your mom is an angel watching out for her kids and her grandchildren. I am so so glad that nothing horrible happened. Just thinking what almost happened just makes my heart sink.

Lisa Moore said...

I just had a conversation with my sister about a little boy that happened to. I'm so glad Landon is okay!! That would have been so incredibly sad.

Severine said...

So Scary. I'm glad everybody's okay!

Poulsen Family said...

How scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm sure she is there watching out for you and her grandchildren.

Stacy Holmes said...

Kalley-
Glad it had a happy ending-- here is a good piece of info
go to Home Depot- they have little locks that you can put on the window- you can put it 3 inches from the opening so you can still open the window- but it won't go far enough that a kid could fall out
look up CRL White Window Thumbscrew Lock- it is $2 and could prevent another accident